Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just got another Honda 360, put a battery in it. The horn works and when I press the start button the starter moves(I didnt have the carbs attached at the time so I didnt try to start it). The only thing I cant get to turn on is any of the lights. Headlight, blinkers, tail light, high beam,neutral,and turn signal lights all will not work whatsoever ever. I replaced the flasher relay with one I know works and also replaced the fuses but still nothing. If anyone has any great suggestions of what I should do next i would appreciate it greatly!
Thanks!

·
Sensei
27,173 Posts
Sounds like all of the chassis grounded circuits work, but the lighting grounds (green wires) are not connected to either chassis or battery negative......
There is an unused green female spade connection at the flasher module .... run a jumper from it to battery negative and then try the lights.....
OR, phone me.......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did try to run a wire from that green wire to the ground and the lights are still not working. I dont have much time to call in the next couple of days but do you have any other suggestions?

·
Sensei
27,173 Posts
Do you have a multimeter?........ Track battery positive power to the lighting switching (Black wires, after key switch), and IF it gets there, see if it exits through the appropriate color wiring for each switch positioning......While it is unlikely that all the lights are simultaneously burnt out, it isn't impossible..... Have you tried any individual lights directly connected to the battery?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried the multi-meter and checked the wires going to the upper headlights. Found that the power was going there so I decided to change the bulbs and I finally got them to turn on. I'm not sure of the chances that all of the bulbs were junk but they all were burnt out. Even the lights for the turn signal, high beam, and natural indicators were all burnt out. I swapped out all the bulbs and made sure everything was working and everything does except the tail light. I will now need to go back through and find out why that one isn't working.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts