Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My very first dirt bike was a Dirt Squirt so I have a bit of a soft spot for Hodakas. Never had another one since but there is an Ace 100 locally that supposedly has all the lights and a title but the engine is apart because of a "broken" piston.
Does anyone on the list know about parts availabilty for these. This bike is a 1971, red frame, chrome tank. I did a little searching on the internet and it seems that there is a following for Hodakas which didnt surprise me.
Don

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
There is a guy back east that does nothing but Hodaka's and has just about anything necessary to rebuild any of the models.

http://www.strictlyhodaka.com/

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
And you'll have just scratched the surface with Paul Stannard's website, as given above.

There's every bit the Hodaka sub-culture that there is Honda Twins sub-culture.

Active, active, active, and a great bunch of folks.

http://www.strictlyhodaka.com/cgi-bin/f ... board=news

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka/

So, your potential bike has a title? You should jump right on it. You'll have it fully back on-line in no time at all. Excellent availability of all parts and all service.

Good luck, and be sure to post some pictures if you get it.

Kirk

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
I bought a Hodaka when I was 16. An Ace 100B. It almost killed me when the top of the carb vibrated loose and let in air, causing it to run full throttle down a gravel road. Panicking, I shifted up through the gears to try to slow the engine. The next thing I knew I was hauling ass at full throttle in 5th gear down the road.

I reached back under the seat to turn it off and during my deceleration, the key vibrated out of the ignition never to be found again.

Cool looking bike, but it scared me from that day forward ;)

I sold it for 3x what I paid for it when I was in college to a Hodaka nut.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just found this topic. I just picked up a '71 Ace 100 B+ from the AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days swap meet at Mid Ohio this weekend. The 360 now has something to keep it company.

The Hodaka is surprisingly minty, and fired right up when I got it home. Just need to mix up some gas for it, and she should be good to go. Not bad for $475.

Met the owner of Strictlyhodaka, and another guy named Hodaka Dave. Great following for these bikes.

Keep on Hodakin'

-MK

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks! I'm starting to run out of room in the ol' garage. Good thing the Hodaka only weighs about 180lbs. It's easy to shuffle around.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
That look like a good deal to me too. If you've me the "strickly Hodaka" guy then you're all set. If he doesn't have it or can't find then it's probably not out there.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I saw that bike. Great buy !!! I looked at it also. Did it come with a title?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts