1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
325 Posts
Bill, what kind of bike is in your picture - it's something bigger than a 110cc Twister...

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HerrDeacon said:
$900, that's nuts. Can't beat that price.

Looks nice but I wonder what 9 hp would feel like?
Who cares - ride it around town for two years on a tank of gas !!!
We're talking utility vehicle here.......

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
tbpmusic said:
Who cares - ride it around town for two years on a tank of gas !!!
We're talking utility vehicle here.......
Totally agree. With the price of gas and the low purchase price that would be ideal for going back and forth to work and running errands. You'd have to put Stabil in the gas though since a tank of gas could be in there a while. :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
HerrDeacon said:
Looks nice but I wonder what 9 hp would feel like?
My C70 Passport has 6hp - and I rode it 70km a day to/from work all last summer. 6hp is enough for 70kmh consistently - all I need in the city!

Bill - I liked the looks of the original picture better! Looked like a modern small Honda twin - what was it?

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bikenoob said:
HerrDeacon said:
Bill - I liked the looks of the original picture better! Looked like a modern small Honda twin - what was it?
That would be the CBX250 "Twister".
Another cool bike we never saw, never sent to the US - I know they have it in Brazil and South Africa........

250cc single, short-stroke (75 x 56.5mm), 24 hp, red, white, blue, silver - great reviews.
DOHC, 4-valve.
About $4500 US (ouch). I think they still make 'em.

I'll bet it's pretty cool......

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
We got the CBX250 here in Canada but I don't believe there were many sold. There was a used one for sale here a while back but it was in hard shape (was a learner bike for a local bike course). I considered getting it but glad I never since shortly after the 350 popped up.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Being a real {6 cylinder 1047cc} CBX owner, when I see one of those 250cc 550cc or 750cc bikes with the CBX title on it, I get a little annoyed. :x

China and India each have over 1.5 billion people in their populations and they are breeding like roaches.
I see lots of $ signs for Honda in those markets with small bikes, it is how Honda has sold more bikes than all other manufacturers combined.

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
fasterspider said:
Being a real {6 cylinder 1047cc} CBX owner, when I see one of those 250cc 550cc or 750cc bikes with the CBX title on it, I get a little annoyed. :x

China and India each have over 1.5 billion people in their populations and they are breeding like roaches.
I see lots of $ signs for Honda in those markets with small bikes, it is how Honda has sold more bikes than all other manufacturers combined.
I have to say I'm pretty speechless right now, after reading this I'm at a loss for words. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think Honda might be mis-reading the US market lately.
I think they could sell a lot of both those Twister bikes here, but they seem to think Americans only want huge, $20,000 bikes.

·
Registered
785 Posts
HerrDeacon said:
I have to say I'm pretty speechless right now, after reading this I'm at a loss for words.
Why, because I don't care about political correctness?
Or because I am a biased 6 cylinder CBX owner that thinks CBX means 6 cylinder motorcycle?
Or just because I am a douche bag?
Don't be worried about hurting my feelings, I don't have any. ;)

I really like the looks of that little bike that is in the 1st post of this thread, very modern looking.

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
I'm not one for political correctness either, its just the "breeding like roaches" took me by surprise.

fasterspider said:
Or because I am a biased 6 cylinder CBX owner that thinks CBX means 6 cylinder motorcycle?
This actually made me laugh, reminded me of Spinal Tap -

·
Registered
101 Posts
"China and India each have over 1.5 billion people in their populations and they are breeding like roaches. "

That is simply uncalled for.
The "roaches", as you call them, are people just like you and I, trying to get by. Have a little humanity.
Sixty years ago the Japanese were considered roaches.
Who designed the CBX and the bikes we all dig here on this MOTORCYCLE forum?
Next time you pull your underpants on, take a look to see where they were made.
Please keep the xenophobia to yourself.

NE

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Calm down guys. He said they're breeding "LIKE ROACHES" not that they WERE roaches. Implying that roaches, and people from China & India BOTH multiply very quickly, which is a very well known in fact. That's why their populations are so great.

GB :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Ditto Bird.

tbpmusic said:
I think Honda might be mis-reading the US market lately.
I think they could sell a lot of both those Twister bikes here, but they seem to think Americans only want huge, $20,000 bikes.
It seems to me there is a US market for more parallel twins, maybe in the 500cc range. The Honda Rebel seems to do OK at a paltry 250 and I think it's Kawasaki that builds a 500 that's a pretty nice bike. I can't say I'll never own one of those Harley wannabes but they're not my first choice.

·
Registered
255 Posts
According to the source listed below the CIA World Factbook lists India as 85th (1.55) in population growth rate, the United states at 130(.98) and China at 149 (.66)out of 231 countries. BTW Isle of Man is 159 (.52)
http://www.indexmundi.com/g/r.aspx?t=0&v=24

I also like the styling of the bike pictured.

Larry

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
That graph is kind of disturbing.. The growth rates are the highest everywhere that America is attacking.. :? Population control anyone???

GB :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts