Honda Twins banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
In the parts lookup at my local dealer, it does mention interchangeable parts. Well, it's not reverse lookup, but for example I looked up a washer and was a little surprised to see the result mention it was for a lawnmower. Then of course beneath that I saw that it was also for the motorcycle. I guess it obviously depends on the part, but there is some cross-referencing.

parts-cross.jpg

·
Super Moderator
10,328 Posts
Don, here's a page to help you cross-reference. It's the list of middle numbers that tell which Honda model the part was first manufactured for - example, a part for the DOHC 450 could have either 283 or 292 in the middle of the part number (like a cam follower, 14431-292-010) with the 292 referencing the early 5 speed model and the 283 being the earlier 4 speed version of the bike. Many parts interchange and often you find parts from other twins that fit later models as well, even bikes with different engine sizes, so when you cross-reference at the site where the screenshot came from, you can find out which Honda motorcycle the part fits

https://www.cmsnl.com/help/faq/14_honda/#f16

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Another great page to bookmark. Thanks!

41 - 43 of 43 Posts