Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cb350 with vm30 carbs. Fixed one problem - only to inherit another. Fixed the hanging idle - was the throttle cable. Now I can only start the bike with the choke open. If I close the choke, the rpms shoot up to 6k rpm. Don’t ever remember hearing the popping out of the exhaust before.

I adjust cam chain, adjust valve lash, and ignition timing. It may be the ignition timing. I noticed that the right point would occasionally light up orange at the contact point instead of lighting up the test light. I have new points on the way. Do you think that’s the problem?

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Turn your idle speed down a bit and let the engine warm up, then adjust your idle speed with the engine hot.

Then you should need choke for cold starts.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I looked everything over and I realized that my idle stop screws were both screwed all the way in. I was too eager to try and get it started again that I overlooked something so simple

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
We hurry through things, we're wired that way. Groups are good.
Cheers.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the 72 cb350 with vm30 carbs close to idling correct. I had the idle screw out about 3.5 turn. The idle was around 2000 rpm. When I turned it out another 0.5 turn the idle jumped up to 3000 rpm. Would this be an indication that I’m in a lean condition? My air screw is at 1 turn out. Running a 25 pilot. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I'm no tuning expert but air screws at one turn out doesn't sound lean. How many turns out is stock? More turns out = more air.
There is no magic other than looking at the color of your spark plugs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts