Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 73 cl350 that I am working on. I just boiled out the carbs with carb cleaner for a day, bought a rebuild kit their a joke. Finally ordered the gaskets from parts store for the shut off, jets, and air screw. Put a new battery in it.
Starts great but then it sometimes has a high rev condition. Ive heard that if the diaphrams are cracked it will do that but mine are in good shape. No gas coming out of the overflow like it did before I boilled it out and put new o rings on shut off valves, new screen in the petcock. There is a small orphis up in the top part of the bowl that I did not pay much attention too other than blowing it out after they soaked for a day. what is that small hole for?
Could this high rev be from a air leak on intake? when I bought this it had foam covered cones on it. not the stock filters.
Anyone deal with this before? thanks in advance

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
The air leak that would most problematic would be between the carb and engine...Leaks between carb and aircleaner are relatively inconsequential....

·
Registered
20 Posts
cruzin said:
Hello, I have a 73 cl350 ... There is a small orphis up in the top part of the bowl that I did not pay much attention too other than blowing it out after they soaked for a day. what is that small hole for?
Anyone deal with this before? thanks in advance
I've rebuilt my carbs for my 72 & 68 without noticing any holes in the bowl other than the holes for the overflow and the one with the screw ( :oops: :lol: ) Good golly, can't remember shite - whatiscalled.

Anywho, I just checked a bowl I had sitting around and it didn't have any extra holes.

My suggestion would be to plug it somehow (electrical tape, duct tape, etc) temporarily to see if that doesn't fix it.

Got any pics?

Cheers,
Red

1 - 3 of 3 Posts