Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm currently in the planning stages of my winter project and one of the things I wanted to do was hide the battery.

Where are some suitable locations? I was thinking under the seat (I'm going for a cafe style, so there might be enough room under the back "hump"), but are there any other options? If I go with an AGM battery, does it still need to be located in an upright position or can I lay it down on its side somewhere?

Thanks,
Matt

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
This is just MY OPINION..... The lower and closer to the bikes' center of gravity the battery's mass is mounted, the better....... While the "bum-stop" hump is convienient, it is relatively high, far back, and could present a clearance issue when the rear wheel/shocks are fully compressed....That upwards "loop" on the frames that almost everybody cuts off is there for that reason....Tire clearance at full compression

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Here's a shot of a neat job. I saw this on the Kawasaki KZ400 forums. Behind the motor, below the swingarm. Very well hidden. I'm not sure about the accessibility of the final project, though.

·
Registered
205 Posts
That's where I'm putting mine, just above the swingarm pivot. Nice and low, but still right above where it used to be so easy to tie into the factory wiring if you choose to. It would probably be prudent to fashion some sort of heat shield to protect it from the engine.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I sent you a private message on how I did mine. Did you read it?

Now keep in mind I haven't finished this up. This was just so I could ride it. I'll make it pretty later with welds n paint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts