Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

been lurking at the possibility of restoring one 1970 CB350. It currently is disassembled and the owner says its complete apart from the exhaust collectors and the air filter box.
Not sure If I should take the plunge... If I do I have to do all the work myself, I do have some experience restoring vespas and other bikes, but do not have a lot of time.
Is working on a CB twin fairly easy? Are parts available if needed? 1500 euros for a disassembled CB350 would be a fair price?

So many questions... hope you can help me make a decision :)

Best,

Sergio

·
Registered
555 Posts
Welcome to forum. I believe rebuilding a CB350 is rather complicated. Just pay attention to details. For myself, I buy low mileage running Hondas.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
If you want to learn to restore bikes, the 350 is about as good a choice as there is. Can't say how it is in Portugal but generally parts availability is about as good as it gets for vintage bikes. Expertise here is abundant and the Factory Service Manual does a pretty good job when you need instructions.

As to price, you'll need someone with local knowledge for guidance there. They'll be along.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Welcome! Like JT said, lots of helpful people here, they will beyond expectation. Did my CB 400 without any experience or knowledge and had a blast. You will know your bike from front to back and knowing you did it yourself, is very rewarding. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the warm welcome, I actually have a friend who restored to the last bolt a CB450 twin, so he could be a good source of information, but the only thing that has kept me from moving on so far has been:

A - Money - 1500 euros is not outrageous, but still is quite a lot of money for a disassembled bike with unknown condition. The owner offers one engine and a half and two pairs of carburators. Exhaust manifolds, carb inlets and airbox are missing.

B - Time - I might have one day per week to work on the bike, so this could mean maybe 1 year until I can ride it... bummer...

All the CB twins in working condition I have seen nearby are awfully expensive, only one CB175 has a 1800 euros price, it does have the engine working, but is partially dissasembled also.
My problem with this CB175 is: will I feel she has no power?

Ohh... decisions...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts