Honda Twins banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1966 Honda CB160
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! My name is Ken. I live in central New Jersey, and I just got my first motorcycle at the ripe old age of 54. This bike belonged to a former neighbor, Bill, who owned it since new. I moved away from that neighborhood when I was nine years old, and thanks to the Internet we reconnected. Bill being the terrific guy that he is, has passed it on to me.

it’s a ran–when–parked 1966 Honda CB 160. To me, it’s the coolest bike in the world, because Bill owned it. It’s been idle since about 1986.

My goal is to get it up and running again as quickly as possible. Bill is short for this world, and I would like him to see it run again. Feel free to suggest anything I might need to know. I’m pretty handy and experienced with cars, but I’ve never worked on a motorcycle before. I’ve never even worked on a carburetor before!

ALSO--What are some of the go-to sites for these vintage parts?
Jeans Plant Tire Wheel Fuel tank

Howdy and thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 CL360, 81 CM200T, 85, 86 & 87 CMX250. Invisible to cages, treat accordingly. Avoids Road Rage!
89 Posts
If you can find a manual, (Abebooks.com or eBay or otherwise), that'd be my 1st suggestion. The carburetor most certainly needs to be cleaned. If you have an ultrasonic cleaner, that would be the best & fastest way to clean it (1/2 hr). Chem-dip will work well but it takes about a week to go that route. Either way the carb should be completely disassembled. With Chem-dip, all rubber & plastic must be removed or it will be dissolved as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts