Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I posted my intro under pictures sorry about that. I just learned to ride a motorcycle at age 36. I passed my MSF course and got my liience last month. I bought two bikes, a 79 KZ400 and an 80 Honda CM400T. I am having a lot of trouble finding info on the Honda. I hope its a good bike to learn on and ride for a few years. I want to do most of the work on it myself. I paid $700 for it which seems fair, but I have no real idea of that ok or not. it has 12K a little surface rust on the frame and chain. the controls had a few bad switches I have changed the clutch and as soon as the throttle control come in I will change that. the owner showed me recipts for all of the carb bits, wheels fork seals master cylinder bits battery horn and stack of other things. the oil has jsut been changed new air filter and plugs. I think it still has some kinks to work out but I am hopeful that it will be a good bike. Sorry about psting in the pic and new member section. great site.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Welcome!

Hey that's a good looking bike, sounds like you got at least a fair deal for $700. Seems like any running driving 400cc bike in good shape with a title is worth $700 even if it's got a few cosmetic blips.

You'll find a lot of info for it as time goes on.

Let's see pics of the KZ too, we love to see all the old bikes.

Be careful.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Welcome aboard. Always nice to see another 400 join the group.

I'd say you got a decent deal since it appears to all be there. Mufflers appear to be after-market but they work and they're shiny right? Good used parts for these are kinda spendy on e-bay, especially tanks and side panels, not as many of them out there as for the 350s.

I actually haven't gotten to ride mine much since it needed a lot of work (like functioning brakes) when I got it and it is now occupying about 40 square feet of garage space. Hope to learn more about it's riding qualities in the spring.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,

Not sure if the mufflers are stock they have a wierd crossover pipe under the bike connecting them. Here is a pic of my KZ. I bought it also for $700. I figured if they were runnnig and had a clear title they were probably worth it. Two completely different riding bikes though.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts