Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, some of you may remember me from the 450 group of which I am a great supporter and will continue to be so wherever Jordon and Steve take it. I am into the 450 Black Bomber, probably in a big way. But, I also have a few other
early Honda twins and I like to be involved with and share those as well with anyone who is interested. Pleased to see so many familiar names on this site. By the way, you didn't start this site to get away from me, did you? (only joking) Hope I can contribute in a positive way. The old bike market here in the UK is enormous but strangely enough we tend to do things on our own with the Japanese bikes, although the VJMC has over 5,500 members.

The bikes I like to ride are my 1971 CB 500 four, a very early model, and my 1972 K2 CB 750 four.

Given the weather here is just on freezing, the next big ride is the Christmas Run, the Sunday before. Its about 40/50 miles, has about 250/300 riders, and the bikes are all decked out like Christmas trees. Its in aid of local charites. The rides passes through local Dorset villages and people line the route to cheer us on. This probably confirms British people are mad, but it is good fun!

Thanks Bill for the Zip code, it obviously worked.

Catch you all later,

Regards, Ray.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Hey Ray -

Good to see you here.
I KNOW you can contribute, and I think you'll like it here.
Hopefully, you'll find it helpful.

Incidentally, I work for Severn Trent here in the US - I'm sure you're familiar with that name (for better or worse :) ).

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bill, yes I know who Severn Trent are. More importantly, are you the guy who is trying to find a way to replace petrol with water? If so, good luck!!!!
Ray

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Sorry About the zip requirement.

It stops would be bots from signing up most of the time :)

Welcome!

Jason

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys, some of you may remember me from the 450 group of which I am a great supporter and will continue to be so wherever Jordon and Steve take it. I am into the 450 Black Bomber, probably in a big way. But, I also have a few other
early Honda twins and I like to be involved with and share those as well with anyone who is interested. Pleased to see so many familiar names on this site. By the way, you didn't start this site to get away from me, did you? (only joking) Hope I can contribute in a positive way. The old bike market here in the UK is enormous but strangely enough we tend to do things on our own with the Japanese bikes, although the VJMC has over 5,500 members.

The bikes I like to ride are my 1971 CB 500 four, a very early model, and my 1972 K2 CB 750 four.

Given the weather here is just on freezing, the next big ride is the Christmas Run, the Sunday before. Its about 40/50 miles, has about 250/300 riders, and the bikes are all decked out like Christmas trees. Its in aid of local charites. The rides passes through local Dorset villages and people line the route to cheer us on. This probably confirms British people are mad, but it is good fun!

Thanks Bill for the Zip code, it obviously worked.

Catch you all later,

Regards, Ray.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello Ray
Hope you don't mind me contacting you, but I hope you may be able to help.
I have a 1966 Black Bomber and am having problems with the starter clutch. It seems to have reached the end of the road.
I had installed a refurbishment kit and it worked ok but was rather noisy, it was working up until last month but now just whirrs!. So I think I need to replace the complete unit.
I have seen one for sale on ebay in the US but its likely to be silly money once the import duty and tax has been added on
Do you have one that I could buy or do you know where I might be able to find/buy another starter clutch unit for it here in the uk?
Hope you can help/
Many thanks
Allen Randall

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Allen, I do have some spares but the problem with starter clutches is various combinations of parts can be used. Where are you based? Can you pm me an email address.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Allen, I do have some spares but the problem with starter clutches is various combinations of parts can be used. Where are you based? Can you pm me an email address.
Hi Ray,
I am going to strip the starter clutch down this weekend and ee what I actually need. But I am minded to replace the whole thing as I recently replaced the rollers and springs etc.
I live near Huntingdon Cambridgeshire and my email address is
[email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts