Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm better with spanners than computers so lets find out if this gets to the introductions page.Just to let you all know my latest bomber rebuild has made it to the last 15 finalists for Classic Bike of the Year Show here in the UK.Will be on show at MCN show at ExCel ,London on the 31st Jan &1st Feb 2009.Thats where the winner will be announced.Readers all vote from page in mag for their final choice so if your bomber mad please buy a UK mag and give an old bomber a vote.If it wins they will do a complete few page article in mag month after.(Highly unlikley but can live in hope).
Now how do I get pictures on here????
Regards Chris.
[/img]No thats not the right button???try again
10 minutes later......make that 20[attachment=1:1j9gthz1]Kim to DVLA1.jpg[/attachment:1j9gthz1][attachment=0:1j9gthz1]bomber pics 016.jpg[/attachment:1j9gthz1]
Well I'll just hit the button and see if its worked. Regards Chris

Attachments

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Beautiful bikes Chris! I'd be happy to cast a vote in your favor.... Specifically which UK mag do I need to purchase to do so? Steve

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It will be in CLASSIC BIKE mag .(Britains biggest seller) Off for professional photoshoot on saturday so will find out more then & keep you posted.Regards Chris
Now to add another pic mmmmmmm found out you have to scroll down to add it may not take 20 minutes this time......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Picture 3- Notice the crack.!!!!!Sorry you got 3 pics the same.Give me a spanner any day.

Attachments

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Chris, I have an "extra" top bridge for a Bomber that I won't be using..... If interested, email me as [email protected] ..... I can add pics here if you'd like.... Steve

(I edited out your two duplicated/repeated pictures... :D )

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
GAMD5 said:
Can Anyone explain this--done with my digital camera-see next three pics.NO IT WASNT SMOKE BEFORE YOU ASK????
If your workspace is cold and your camera was warm, it could have just fogged the lens till equilibrium was reached.

·
Registered
101 Posts
tbpmusic said:
Aliens ???

(Or Harley guys, pretty much the same thing!!)

:eek: :shock: :lol:
Oh man! You're going to get our a**es kicked for that.
Oh wait, demographics say that the average Harley rider is 54 years old with a median income of $83,000/year with a college degree with less than 5 years riding experience and 3.4 children in college.

Nevermind.

(wink wink - just poking fun)
:shock:

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Chris, I think you have only told part of the story. Hope you don't mind me butting in but I think the readers would like to know a bit more. Your latest bike with the red tank is based on the New Sports Version of the BB ( which in itself is based upon the Ken Ives Red). This was an actual model released by Honda at the Earls Court show in London in late 67 and was an effort to jazz up the older BB which had not sold as expected in the UK. The new sports version had the red tank, sometimes red and silver air cover panels, chrome headlight, chrome chainguard, chrome front and rear mudguards, and sometimes ace or drop handlebars. Chris has sent me pictures as he has built this bike and I can tell you it's superb!!! Not sure what the competition is going to be like in the "bike of the year" contest, but I really hope you win it. I have seen pictures of the black bikes also and you would all be amazed at how good they are. Good Luck Chris and lets hope the next BB you are restoring is as good as the rest!!!!
Ray.

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
So, Will somebody please post those pics?..... Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
6,495 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There are over 35 pictures of all my bomber rebuilds over on the MSN CB450DOHC site on page 5 of photographs under MY BOMBER & RED PROJECT (3 Pages of them)
Steve ...Thanks for editing out my duplicate pics can you get my others over here..you have my permission if you can... save me a lot of time and as you know I'm better with the spanners.I will however promise to post proffesional photoshoot & show pics at a later date.
Also thank to Ray for filling you all in but I'm still in process of obtaining exact history details on this Motorcycle ,where purchased from etc.and there will be a lot more to come.Eg Originally not sold or registered until 1973...had been crated up.
Regards Chris.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thought I'd just add pic of my douglas dragonfly also in my stable.Just found out theyv'e put it on the douglas site.Sorry its not a honda but it is a twin and several club members do run them using honda pistons.

Attachments

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Is the Dragonfly supercharged?... Seems like an awfully long intake tract otherwise...
The bike is VERY cool!.... Steve

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Steve earlier models had twin carbs one mounted on each cylinder but this is standard 1957 with the earles front forks handles like a dream.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts