Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newbie to your site. From the Wild Coast in South Africa. I am well pastthe half century mark and am retired. I have had the good fortune to aquire 2 Honda CD Roadmasters to keep me out of mischief. More than likely I will certainly require your valuble assistance to get them back on the road again. Thanks guys. Cheers.
Gumpa

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome. I'm looking forward to your posts with pictures. I had to look up CD Roadmasters, which apparently were only available in South Africa and Pakistan. They look very similar to the CD 175's that are more common in N. America and Europe and one of my favourite bikes to ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After much head scratching, and a new 6 volt battery, I managed to get spark at the points but no spark at the plugs. Eventually traced the fault to the HT leads. I then fired the red one up. She runs really sweet. Not many older bikes start with nust one kick. What a lovely elegant lady. She runs really well. Now for new tyres and tubes and the big cleanup shall commence. She even has her own windscreen. Thanks for the reply.
Gumpa

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Biggest problem for me now is sourcing 6 volt globes. Just the rear light and brake light blown. All else hunky dory. Change to LED ? No I will stay as she was built. Gumpa

·
Registered
3 Posts
Biggest problem for me now is sourcing 6 volt globes. Just the rear light and brake light blown. All else hunky dory. Change to LED ? No I will stay as she was built. Gumpa
You can change with some other LED bulb or some DIY if you can! But you can't take risk on brake light !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts