Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I just picked up a 71 SL350 basket case that should keep me occupied all winter. I’m sure they’ll be plenty of questions, so thanks in advance for the help! The SL was sitting in a shed and completely disassembled along with at least 8 other Honda’s. Most were singles, but they’re was a partial CL160 with title and CB77 frame and wheels in the mix. I’ll probably post those up in the classifieds soon.Thanks
Chris S.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Welcome - and good for you that you posted in the introduction area first so we get the overview of your situation. Did you get those CL pipes with what you got? They aren't from any of the 3 bikes you bought, they look like CL350 (but your pictures stay the same size when clicked on and won't zoom, so it's hard to get a good look at them). Plenty of 350 people here that will be able to answer your questions. The SL350K1 was a great bike with lots of torque, great for trail riding... I had two of them growing up

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My dad had a SL350 growing up, guess that’s partly the factor in my pick. I spend a lot of time on Adventure bikes, figured I’d give a vintage one a try.

The pipes are a hodgepodge of scrambler models from what I can tell. Some are from a later model, some from a CL77. Goes right along with the random parts like the BSA oil tanks and Allstate hardtail scooter parts that have been mixed in.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
My dad had a SL350 growing up, guess that’s partly the factor in my pick. I spend a lot of time on Adventure bikes, figured I’d give a vintage one a try.

The pipes are a hodgepodge of scrambler models from what I can tell. Some are from a later model, some from a CL77. Goes right along with the random parts like the BSA oil tanks and Allstate hardtail scooter parts that have been mixed in.
I'm sure you realize that the vintage engine will pretty much live up to expectations, but the suspension will make you want to ride your modern bikes... :D that said, the SL350 - particularly the K1 - is great for blasting down trails and fire roads, and the occasional modest jump.

Quite the mix of stuff you got in that deal, you might have a chance to sell some or all of it at Barber during the Vintage Festival next month, there are plenty of British bike enthusiasts along with those looking for vintage Honda stuff too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts