Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

My name's Nathan. I'm a recent college graduate living in San Marcos, TX. I've been lurking around Honda Twins for a while and finally decided to create an account. I purchased a 1971 CB175 in boxes a while ago for cheap, cheap, cheap, looking for a project. The previous owner said it was running when he took it apart, just didn't have the time or money to keep going. He was going to rebuild the top end before he sold it. Says he had only gotten as far getting the gaskets and breaking into the cylinder head before stopping. I've been fixing things my whole life and have anywhere between intermediate to poor mechanics skills. I have the frame built up and currently it seems my two biggest hurdles, in a long line of hurdles, is going to be top end work and electrical, but first I'm trying to get my hands on a service manual. Anyways, I look forward to being a part of this community and excited to get wrenching!

cb175.jpg

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hey Nathan, welcome to the forum. This is THE resource for what you will need to complete your project. It is very doable with limited skills, most of what you will need to know can be learned here. Don't be hesitant about the electrics, they are actually quite easy, learn how to read a schematic and look for photos, someone there with your bike will be able to send you reference shots for sure. Same goes for engine work. You're in good hands.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi Nathan I have a fully assembled and running '72 CB175K6. I'll be happy to take pictures of anything you're interested in as you figure out where the parts go. There are others on this site with much more knowledge of the 175 twins than me, I'm sure they'll be along shortly...

Russ

PS From your picture it looks like you dont have a stock kickstart lever. No big deal I dont either, I needed to get something that cleared my non-stock exhaust. What do your pipes look like?

20180915_141942.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Russ,

What a beauty! Also Thanks for the offer. I'm sure I'll be hitting you up sooner or later. Good eye on the kickstart lever. I had no idea. The pipes look good enough to me. The mufflers certainly are not stock. Pretty beat up too. Some previous owner down the line had at the right side pipe with a hammer to make room for the kickstart action. As of now I plan on replacing them with some aftermarket pipes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts