Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey friends, my name's Jason. I just got into Honda Twins with the purchase of a very abused '74 CB200 and I'm working to get it back on the road. I'm also the managing editor of RideApart.com, and I've been chronicling the CB200 over there. You can check out the stories here and here. Prepare to be amazed at PO hillbilly engineering.

Other than that, I'm in Detroit and have been riding for 20 years. My daily is a Yamaha XS850 triple and I also have a '66 Bridgestone (project), '74 Yamaha RD200 (project), '71 CB450 (project), and an '02 Buell Blast (project/wife's bike). I'm happy to be here and to learn more about Hondas.

Reactions: Russ Lang

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Welcome - and good to have you and your diverse group of bikes. Lots of available knowledge here for both the CB200 and the CB450... got pictures? We like them, lots of them

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, thanks! There are a bunch of pictures in the linked articles. I didn't want to dump them all here and they're much better presented there.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I looked at them, nice articles and good pics... nasty job resulting in trashed camshaft on the 200, no doubt (we hate most POs too) but you'll be harassed mightily if you don't post a few here, we're relentless!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hah! Okay, fair enough. Here are some pics.
cb200-project.jpg
cb200-comes-home.jpg
bikes-in-garage.jpg
cb200-varnish-01.jpg
cb200-throttle-cable.jpg
honda-cb200-top-end-build.jpg

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Oh, the 450 isn't in my garage yet. I'm picking it up first of November. Another "non-runner". I'll be the judge of that.

Check it out! The new CB200 head came today!
2018-10-17 15.12.34.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts