Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you for the forum. Great stuff. I've joined 'cuz I came upon a very pretty '73 CB450 with a holed piston. no debris in oil. maybe the metal vaporized due to a very lean mixture of the maladjusted carb. I'm shipping it to Charlie's Place next week for a fresh top end a few other things. I've ordered rearsets from Slipstream, clip-ons from Airtech, and I've got Emgo reverse cone shorty megaphones that i will upsweep with a couple adapters. I'll need advice on appropriate alu fender blanks. I think aluminum rims would be appropriate as well. Be well!

imag0574.jpg
imag0578.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow, she is so clean! Beauty bike. Looking forward to seeing the end result.

·
Registered
64 Posts
That is a beautiful survivor. You've been a member here since 2014, so I'm a bit surprised you want to take a gorgeous, high resale value bike like that and modify it. Do the vintage bike world a favor, keep all the factory parts and don't chop the frame so when you decide to sell it someone can put the bike back to original. There are only just so many of these bikes left out there, it would be nice to preserve a good example for another generation... someone already did that before, which is why you have it in the great condition it's in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is a beautiful survivor. You've been a member here since 2014, so I'm a bit surprised you want to take a gorgeous, high resale value bike like that and modify it. Do the vintage bike world a favor, keep all the factory parts and don't chop the frame so when you decide to sell it someone can put the bike back to original. There are only just so many of these bikes left out there, it would be nice to preserve a good example for another generation... someone already did that before, which is why you have it in the great condition it's in.
You are so correct. I am not going to touch it except to preserve all that is original about it. i understand the value of all its completeness and original finishes. Thank you. I'll modify another bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My compliments on the bike. It's perfect. Get another one to change. Just my opinion.
Absolutely. I won't change anything. I'll just take care of it. I'll leave on the period correct tires as well. It's with Charlie in Glendale now...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts