Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Name is Alex, 20 from Newfoundland, Canada.

Picked up a 81 CM400t last year and am now in the process of getting on the road.

Looking forward to the info here and chatting with you all!

I guess at this point if you guys have normal questions or something, you can ask em here?

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Hey Meadus, welcome to the site from another Newfoundlander!

Nice to see you over here. I've seen pics of your 400 on NLMS but I'm sure the other guys here are going to ask :D

Have you had it out yet for a spin this year? Weather has been great lately.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just came in from the shed.

3 bloody knuckles and a hole in my palm.

Got the Oil Drain bolt out after 2 hours. haha.

Haven't had her out yet, got work to do before i can register and insure it to get it going.

Here are the pictures previously mentioned.

After a little ice storm fun. haha.

The wind took my cover and had some fun with it.

The bike looks good from far, but far from good. the dude I bought the bike from prettied it up to sell it. He also told me all that was wrong is that the carbs needed to be synched, the brakes bled, and new bulbs in the tail lights. yep, I'm an idiot. I spent a week bleeding the brakes before i admitted to myself he was full of it.

When I did the oil earlier, Water came first. not a massive amount but there shouldn't have been any IMO. When the oil came it was a beautiful brown colour. Never before have I seen anything like it.

The current fight is getting the Oil Filter Bolt out, looks like it hasn't been removed in 20 years. It's not the stock size head either i don't think, I have a new one to replace it and the new one is much bigger.

·
Sensei
27,160 Posts
Welcome..... I see you have actually responded to another members post...Good work!.....This group is all about sharing knowledge and experiences....I hope you enjoy it here... :D Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts