Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had asked a long time ago about converting to a single carb. It was for a bike I was building. That bike is nearly done now and since I used to frequent this forum quite often, I want to post it up here so you guys can see what I've been up to. This is a copy/past from another forum.

If you guys have any questions or comments, please, post em up, I'm waiting for my paint to cure and I need something to do in the meantime. Obviously there is no seat, and the tins are only laying on the bike. But you get the idea of what it is going to look like. Still have wet sanding on tins, clear on the tins, and then curing. Ugh, hate waiting for paint... lemme know what you guys think...

Before:

God I know, how could I possibly improve upon that!? Don't hold it in, I know you love it!

Haha, but no, seriously, here is where it sits now:

Steve.

Oh and for a brief reminder of who I am, this is the other bike:

One for carving, one for cruising with the lady friends.

·
Registered
265 Posts
My four year old just asked me to buy him an R6 so he can ride with me(my neighbor has one), and I told him no Yamahoppies in my yard. I take it back. THAT one can park in my yard anytime. :)

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I'd love to have an XS - only got to ride one for a couple of brief outings, long ago - but I really liked it a lot, felt sort of like a Bonneville to me, but smoother....

Does that air cleaner interfere with your leg at all??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, not at all when in riding position, and I have to bring leg a little further out when I put my feet down, but it's no big deal. It's extremely low, and I have pretty long legs, so they are bent a fair amount when stopped, so it's no sweat to just swing my leg out a bit to not hit it.

Steve

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey something I wanted to clear up, as it has come up on another forum, that fender is resting on the tire, not where it is going to be mounted. It will be up against that rear hoop so there is clearance, and no, it's not going to smack that rear hoop...just wanted to clear that up on all the threads..

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts