Honda Twins banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to do a top end rebuild on the CL450. Due to the "weirdness" of the Honda 450 I was some what nervous. But thanks to a great forum all my worries and questions have been answered by previous posts- thanks guys.

And I know you like pictures:
99.0% original - 9900mls I've owned it for 6 years

·
Registered
659 Posts
Beautiful !!

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I agree! Very nice looking CL...

That could be a contender for a front page bike on here.. ;)

P.S. Say, you're not by chance from Illinois are you??

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
659 Posts
I know where a blue is located that looks nearly that nice, although, it vibrates way too much. probably needs top end work. So how much would one like that sell for ??? any guesses ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tbpmusic said:
That's as nice an unrestored K5 that we're likely to see.

Your zip code is bogus in your Profile, by the way.
I'm from Christchurch New Zealand. The bike was imported from the US in '95. It still has the dealer sicker on the rear guard, it came from Casper Wyoming.

Oh if any one is looking for manuals there is a guy over here who does reprints of parts and genuine workshop manuals. I just bought both for the CL for $90NZD ($65 USD) http://www.e-classicbike.com
I've had stuff off him before and the quality is excellent

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sweet bike mate. I know that Russell Thomas, an engineer in town here is familiar with the 450 should you require any machining, he also may have a bit of NOS stock if you are lucky. Econohonda in Hamilton have a fair bit of stuff too but pricey. Only a handful of these left on the road round here so good to see.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
twinz said:
Sweet bike mate. I know that Russell Thomas, an engineer in town here is familiar with the 450 should you require any machining, he also may have a bit of NOS stock if you are lucky. Econohonda in Hamilton have a fair bit of stuff too but pricey. Only a handful of these left on the road round here so good to see.

Thanks Grant, I've not used Russell Thomas, I normally get Barry Leitch (last name could be wrong) to do my cranks and heads. He's been around along time working on british and early jap stuff. I only get stuff from Econo Honda if I'm in a hurry, normally use David Silver spares. Miles cheaper than buying locally for sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts