Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all...Greetings from Boston. A friend was moving and had already called the trash collector to come get this one. He turned it off and parked it 5 years ago under an awning and barely threw a tarp over it. But, it's now mine (Title in hand.) All the parts were there, I just started pulling them off a few minutes ago. I am not a mechanic and this is my second bike after a Ninja 600 a long time ago, but I can read a manual :) Plans are still in the works, I just need to see how bad things are before I commit to dreaming too hard about it. Just ordered plugs and an oil filter, pulled the battery to replace it and the tank is luckily rust free. Here we go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Nice for free! Looks to have the makings of a decent bike with some effort, good for you. Not going to be nearly as fast as the Ninja though...

·
Registered
342 Posts
First step, get it running properly and see how you like it.
Nice find. Why would anyone discard a complete Honda.
I rescued a 50cc Chinese bike fron the dumpster and the
grand kids ride it almost daily.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I wish I found bikes that nice to start with. Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Motorcycle Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Motor vehicle It looks good to me, make it run then make it yours. Have fun

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
Yes, my 80 came in a 'some assembly required' state as well.

Vehicle Car Auto part City car Family car

Vehicle Auto part Engine
Vehicle Auto part Car Family car Rim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts