Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got it put back together. 1973 CB450. 3200 miles. Added original seat, front fender, chrome handlebars, fresh paint, and removed a large ding in the tank.

When I got it back together obviously I notice the gap between the tank and OEM seat. Not being an expert on these bikes I didnt realize someone had put a different tank on the bike when I bought it. If so, what tank do you think this came off of?

IMG_1387.jpg IMG_0942.jpg IMG_1079.jpg IMG_1255.jpg IMG_1256.jpg IMG_1384.jpg IMG_1377.jpg

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Looks like an early CL450 tank, and the repaint color looks nice... but that's not much of a project thread, tossing us a handful of pictures after the fact :( we want more along the way...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like I said, Im new to the Honda world. Of my 13 years of riding this is my first vintage bike. I thought you just meant it had a CL style paint scheme or something. Didnt know the tanks were different between the models. Im learning as I go here. And sorry for the lame post, just wanted to put it out there. Guess I did it in the wrong forum section.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
No, you're in the right section, it is a project log... and I'm sorry if you didn't realize the "CL" implication in my other post, but once people delve into vintage Hondas they've usually discovered the two different model designations for what were basically the same bike with a few styling changes, like the upswept pipes primarily, on many of the same size twins from that era. Your CL450 tank (from the scrambler models) is one of the most desirable IMO, and the gold color you did on it is similar to the candy gold the earlier CB450 (low pipes) came with. As for the "lame" post... not really, but you'll find here that we enjoy - and prefer - seeing plenty of progress along the way... it helps us see stuff the lesser experienced owner might not notice or understand, since many of us have been immersed in these things since they were new bikes on the showroom

·
Registered
641 Posts
You will get ribbed here as well or better than anywhere else. That said, you did a nice job on the bike. Love the paint and the amazing polished aluminum parts. My favorite is the lucas taillight, i think that is the best looking taillight for these bikes. Kudos

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts