Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having my rebuilt hubs laced to new hoops by Buchanan. I've googled and also have the service manual but can't seem to find the info I need. I'm planning to go with 18" front and rear for my 1970 CL450 (this bike will never see off road).
What's the stock OEM wheel sizes - I believe it's 1.85x19" front (I'm going with 18") and 1.85x18 rear. Buchanan's suggested I keep the 1.85 front and go to a 2.15 rear. Does this sound like the best plan and I assume I can find some modern rubber for these sizes.
This will be a rider so I want to have the best performance possible. FYI I'm switching the front forks out to a 1974 setup (keeping the front drum) for better suspension.

Thanks-

DW

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
The numbers you gave are the same as those in my parts book. You may want to consider the width of the tire that will fit a 2.15 rim, to see if it will clear the frame and fender; could be tight.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also relaced 18" front and rear, 1970 CB450 frame. 100/90-18 front, 120/90/18 rear. Not a problem with clearance front or rear (swingarm). Both rims are 1.85.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks...I'm going with a 2.15 rear wheel as the difference is small enough where we don't think it will be a fitment issue. Hopefully.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts