Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've been doing a lot of research on small batteries to play the "hide the battery" game on a cafe build of a '68 350. I'm looking at a 4 cell Anti-Gravity AG-401 lithium but my mechanic says these bikes hate lithium batteries. I solved this problem on a 72 with lithium battery by replacing the bulb in the lamp with a lower wattage. Seems to be working OK...

What say you, gurus of the 350's? Anyone with experience? I'm putting a flat tracker seat on this bike so there's really nowhere to put a bih bulky upright battery. I'm committed to finding a slim battery.

What specifically will need to be replaced/modified to make a lithium battery work on this bike? Thanks guys, xxoo - Joshua

·
Sensei
27,069 Posts
The problem with the lithium batteries is NOT generally the usage......It's the recharge rate and voltage it will/can accept.....
IF you recharge at a rate in excess of what the battery can accept, they can overheat and literally start on fire or explode......
IN MY OPINION, you would be better off with a small AGM battery.....Mount it laying sideways, or under the swingarm area, (where the centerstand was) if you need it fully hidden.....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem with the lithium batteries is NOT generally the usage......It's the recharge rate and voltage it will/can accept.....
IF you recharge at a rate in excess of what the battery can accept, they can overheat and literally start on fire or explode......
IN MY OPINION, you would be better off with a small AGM battery.....Mount it laying sideways, or under the swingarm area, (where the centerstand was) if you need it fully hidden.....
Brilliant. Thanks very much - Two additional follow up questions:
1. Would you recommend welding the original box to the bottom of the swingarm then?
2. What kind of small AGM are you referring too? A link would be stupendous.

Hey thanks for taking the time, very cool of you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts