Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have knowledge of the rear suspension in this pic? I'd really like to get a set of those. It was an Ebay item which ended a few months ago, and I did email the seller, but I haven't received a response yet. Anyone with some info or knowledge of these would be helpful. Thanks!

[attachment=0:w54h5k09]1969CB450.jpg[/attachment:w54h5k09]

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder if I have a contact for those style shocks at work. I think I'll check up on that first before I shell out the $500. However, if that's what it comes to, I'd do it.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I received my reply today from the gentleman who built that motorcycle. He said that those shocks were poor quality, basically junk, and the bottom clevis had a tendency to break. He sold the bike before he had a chance to change them. However, he did give me a tip that I didn't even think of (and I can't believe this!)...VMAX shocks! :eek: Perfect!

·
Registered
785 Posts
I live 10 miles from Works Performance and my friend Marcelo is a distributor.
I can get good deals.

·
Sensei
27,168 Posts
Hmmm.... I thought Yamaha shocks were all eye-to-eye, and the Honda takes eye-to-clevis..... BTW He probably got a set if the "cheepie" Chinese copies of the "works" shocks...They ARE junk......The actual works shocks are excellent quality and finish, billet shocks......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts