Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So getting to the point in my 1970 CL450 tear down/build where I have to decide on the front end. I want to upgrade as much as possible but also keep to the bike's vintage heritage. Don't really want to go super modern (GSXR etc) but I want disk brake (dual would be the best) as well as a fairly easy install and keep costs from getting out of hand. From what I've read a '78 or '79 CB750F front end is the one I want. I'd get cartridge emulators as well.
Since this is my first build I could use some help - I'm on a time schedule to complete it so I can't spend weeks researching and trying to cross reference every bit of contradicting info I find. What I need to know is am I on the right track?
What exactly do I need parts-wise if these forks are what I want. I want to probably drop the front tire to an 18" to match the back. So I'd need to get a front wheel as well correct. Would the spokes from a 750F match my OEM rear? And do I keep the existing triple on my bike and get new bearings or is there more to it...etc.

All help greatly appreciated-

DW

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
The "F" triple will go into your steering head, so that is a bolt on. However the wheel swap will require a LOT of work. The "F" has the 19" comstar wheel. To swap it you will need to find a hub and discs to fit. Why don't you use a 69-78 "K" front end, and do the easy dual disc conversion? That way you will have a spoke wheel to match your rear.
TOOLS

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are the man this is a huge help.
So that’s the SOHC version of the CB750 right...’69 through ‘78. What’s the parts list I would need - the forks, proper bearings and the wheel. What else do I need? And sounds like both forks accommodate disks so I can sort out a dual setup
I’m stoked now if this works thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts