Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. I'm putting my transmission and crank case back together and have a part that I cannot identify. I can't seem to find it in diagrams. In the attached pic, I'm holding it near the shaft where the starter sprocket attaches. It seems like it fits here and would be held by a set ring, but I don't have a set ring with the parts from disassembling this section.

Hoping someone will recognize it!

Thx. 2016-04-03 17.33.13.jpg 2016-04-03 17.33.25.jpg

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I think so too; pretty sure it it 'washer, pump rod side', on the oil pump oil filter page of the parts fiche. Notice the center hole is not centered.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, but I'm certain that it is not "washer, pump rod", as I have that part. The pic I took is deceiving in that the hole is actually centered. Previous answer is the same as my friends opinion but I still cannot find this on the diagrams.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Upon reviewing with this info, I am satisfied that it is indeed the thrust washer. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
So, part #15 on the crankshaft drawing? It's been so long since I had a crankshaft out, I didn't recognize it, probably because I didn't take the bearing off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts