Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a CB550F a while back. Went to Chattanooga to pick up some parts, one of which was a seat. Did not verify the fitment or specs before I left (I know. Don't say it). Tried to install it. Didn't work. Compared it to the aftermarket Superior seat (which also doesn't fit correctly) that was pulled from the bike and discovered several discrepancies between the mounts. At first, I thought it may have been a different year or possibly a K model seat, however, after searching Google and eBay, I can't seem to find any 550 seat pan that matches what I have. I also checked 750, 350, 400, 500 and 450 seats. The closest one I have found is a CB450, but I am still not seeing the exact same thing I have. So here are some pictures. One of guys will know what this came off of. The differing details I have been unable to match up are the side brads/rivets, the pan angle, the mounting hing type/width/placement and the map/registration mounting location. Any relevant information would be greatly appreciated. More than likely I will haul it Barber's Swap in October and rehome it, but curiosity has gotten the better of me at this point. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
It's got rivets round the base so could be a CL450 K4/K5/K6. 400/4 F1 had rivets too but the seat pattern stitching was different.
Nigel

·
Registered
635 Posts
Think you're right Ash; the CL450 seems to have a cut out on the seat base just above the rear shock mount which the original seat doesn't seem to have.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive wheel system Automotive exterior

Nigel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.