Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after asking the question earlier about upgrading my 70 CL to the newer style 73/74 forks I decided to keep her stock because of the extra cost/work. However yesterday I found the left lower fork case was cracked so I need to replace. Since that's the deal it now makes more sense to upgrade to the later forks. However I'm having a hard time sourcing parts and I'll soon be at a stop until this is sorted. I did do research. There is a set of 74 front forks on eBay but I'm unsure if they just drop in or do I need triple parts etc. Also lowers I can clean up but not sure if or how you can clean up crappier tubes...
IF I were to keep it stock the lowers I've found on eBay are in rough condition - anyone know if other honda lowers from other bikes work? The CB450 lowers are not the same Honda part #...

Any help to keep me going is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

DW

·
Registered
555 Posts
Unfortunately I’m not enough of an expert to know if they’d swap in, but if anyone can tell us if they’d fit, I’ve got a set of CB360 forks that I’d give ya for $40 and shipping. They need new seals and boots, but otherwise the bodies are in pretty good shape.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
The earlier lowers had a bushing at the top so they won't work. Look at a the casting hole pattern to be sure it matches for fender mount and brake arm. Triples won't be a problem.

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you need some lowers, I have a set from a 69 CL450, if that would work for you. The upper parts are no good though.
PM me and I'll send pics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts