Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I am going crazy. Or at least I think I am. And I feel really good about it. Bear with me here.

First, I won the super-impossible-to-find right airbox cosmetic side cover for my 1972 k-6 Cb175 in Candy gold. (for some reason I have been looking internationally for months and literally right side covers are non-existent, and they only made a few of those for 2 years with those body panels, the ones that have slats in them and the upside down diamond emblem). So hooray! But, apparently that has not been enough to sate my vintage Honda appetite.

I found one of these:

Yes, it is a 1965 Honda Dream 305, and it is Red. And it has low miles and no rust. And all it needs is a new battery. And I need you to tell me why I shouldn't buy it. :oops:

Please? Please give me a good reason.

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
WHAT?....Why isn't it parked in your garage already?....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Argh! You guys are like my single malt drinking buddies.

Okay, no negative words about these? Even though it is not the 'mint condition' one in the picture, it is about half the price that one in lesser shape would sell for on feebay... I am going to go check it out. Offer moral support, and a couch to sleep on after the girl finds out fellas... will letcha know how it turns out.

·
Registered
439 Posts
how much seller asking? that could be a good reason right there :idea:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
danWI said:
how much seller asking? that could be a good reason right there :idea:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
Just tell her "it's for you" or "I swear it's the last one honey!" :D
GB :mrgreen:

Well, the good news is that I was showing her an old 78 Triumph Tiger that I have been having dreams about and she told me that it was sort of boring. I showed her a newish 2001 Bonneville and she thought it was plain ugly (I sort of agree, except for the newer Scramblers and newer T-100 retro colors). I showed her a 72 Bonnie with oversize tank and she said that was better looking... and then... "what the hell? You aren't getting another motorcycle are you?"

Oh no. Oh of course not. Why would you think that?

Then I say howsabout this one and show her a 69' Dream with red/red seat. "That is badass." she says. "Isn't that the Elvis bike?".

Cool chick that one. Time for a good 3oz of 12 year GlennMoran and to check on my eBay auction of a 1979 Gibson Artist RD bass guitar to see if I can afford that Dream.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update:

After getting some better photos (the bike is a 2 hour drive from me) I notice a couple things... first, it is not a 305.

Second, it is in pretty cherry shape with no rust, just dust.

After getting the serial # which starts out CA959... I have determined it is a Honda Benly150 or "Baby Dream" :x
What to do what to do... still a cool bike, but I already have a 175... hmmm...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts