Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's a 68 CB350. The clutch handle is not actually always pulled, what I'm talking about is without touching the clutch handle. It will pull and retract like normal, but it seems like the clutch is permanently released. Like when it's in first gear it will roll smoothly. I just drove it to a restaurant and parked it, came out and this is happening. I can leave it sit overnight if needed but I am hoping for an easy fix. I'm pretty handy and have necessary tools to do a quick fix if so.

Also should add that I can tell it is -kind of- engaged. Like in first gear I can push the bike easy but when I pull the clutch lever it's even easier.

I'm sorry if that was confusing but it seems easier to explain than it is lol

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
SO true, a bent "hanging" pushrod could cause those symptoms as well... ( Overly slack Chain hit it?.....)

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Hey Steve, you have a chance to speak with the OP? the johnson rod comment was meant to be funny. I think perhaps the actuator screw is too tight, and the lever/cable setup is all wacky to compensate.

Loosen clutch cable barrel adjusters and screw on sprocket cover.
Turn the sprocket cover screw to the left until you start to feel tension, then back it off 1/8 of a turn
Finish up by adjusting the cable.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it home. Sorry doode, I don't know the names of all the parts and it was hard to explain what was wrong, I just did my best at explaining.

Anyways, with Steve's help I was able to see that it was actually the plate with the three ball bearings had been pulled over the normal stopping point and obviously I wasn't able to do a whole lot. No parts were broken though and it went back together well, then I followed Steves adjustment instructions.

Now that I have some light and I'm not on the street outside of college bars I'll tear it back apart and do a full inspection of everything. Thanks for all the help and time.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Hey Alex, I was just feeling sassy and understand about the initial post. You did a good enough job describing the problem. glad to hear it seems to be an easy fix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts