Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I was wondering, if someone can comment on the quality of Shark helmets compared to Nolan?
I tried both full-face helmets on, and both seem to fit okay, the price is approximately the same.
So I cannot decide between the 2.
Thanks.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Wish I could help. I just lucked out and found a $200 shoei in very nice condition at Goodwill for $10 ;)

Maybe browse online reviews? When I do that I always look at the very worst ones, and often find some customers just have unrealistic expectations to begin with and the legit ones show any legit problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe browse online reviews? When I do that I always look at the very worst ones, and often find some customers just have unrealistic expectations to begin with and the legit ones show any legit problems.
That makes sense. I have already started my own research that includes amazon reviews, youtube overviews and just any sites with real reviews I can find.
SKWAL Switch Riders - https://us.shark-helmets.com/products/clearance-skwal-switch-riders-led-helmet?variant=21847848705
Nolan N87 Savior Faire Full Face Helmet - https://www.motorcycleid.com/nolan-...savior-faire-full-face-helmet-1129224229.html
Also, I tried out both and both fit the shape of my head okay, so I cannot decide between the 2.
Anyways, I will keep researching on these 2 and hopefully will select 1 by this weekend.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
When I bought my first full-face helmet back in thw day, the best and pretty much only decent choice was the Bell Star. I owned 3 of them over the next 20 years and they were great, but not so much now. When you consider how much we have to spend to get a decent full-face helmet today, it makes the decision process pretty tough. I bought a Seven-Zero-Seven back in late 2013 for a little over $200 and it was a difficult decision over Bilt and others in the price range, but I'm happy with mine and glad I bought it - it's been very durable and has worn well over the last 5 years, still in great shape.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought a Seven-Zero-Seven back in late 2013 for a little over $200 and it was a difficult decision over Bilt and others in the price range, but I'm happy with mine and glad I bought it - it's been very durable and has worn well over the last 5 years, still in great shape.
Thanks for sharing your experience, sir. I definitely have to check it out and see how it fits my head.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Try out some Scorpion helmets if you can. I bought one (EXO R410) last year and have been very happy with the quality and features. They were on sale for a little over $100 and are Snell approved. I bought a white one for visibility, vintage looks, and cooler riding in hot weather.

Scorpion_EXO_R2000_Solid_White_F__55154_1460641522.jpg

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Here are a few pics of it - decent vents, nice shield height detents/adjustments, good-functioning and removable no-fog device and it comes with a removable, stretchy chin cover to minimize air coming from underneath for cold weather as well (GoPro clip not included :D )

20181128_090354.jpg 20181128_090337.jpg

20181128_090325.jpg 20181128_090310.jpg

·
Registered
459 Posts
Try out some Scorpion helmets if you can.
+1 I have an EXO R710 that I got on closeout for $100. Snell and DOT approved. They seem to be the best made budget helmet going.

Reactions: 83XLX

·
Registered
505 Posts
Wish I could help. I just lucked out and found a $200 shoei in very nice condition at Goodwill for $10 ;)
You're not worried that it might have lost some impact protection? Isn't it a no-no to buy a used helmet? Not trying to be a pain, just wondering...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts