Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
How big is your head dude?

Maybe hang the chin of your helmet on your turn signal?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yewdge... That turn light does not seem up to the task! ? I mean it bends very easy...

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I'm not sure what to say, they're not stock are they?
I usually carry my helmet when I park so I'm almost never in that situation. Perhaps place something between the helmet and muffler until it cools?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:-D Yeah they are stock (I think, at least I didn't mess with them). I always carry my helmet with me as well, I'm just surprised that it's supposed to be a feature, but it's so poorly thought out... I thought I was missing something obvious (>.<).

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I'm guessing the reason it was placed where it is from the factory - and I believe that is factory, from others I've seen - is there really isn't another spot that was a better fit without either being near the hot engine or causing the helmet to hang against the sidecovers or the rear wheel. the hooks attached to the frame on the 350 and 450 were in similar spots with the seat covering them when closed, and always hung the helmet against the sidecovers or the pipes, except maybe on the CL. Not the greatest thing, but I never used them either - when you have to pay $200+ minimum for a decent helmet, I'm not taking the chance that some hooligan will like it enough to cut the strap

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just ordered a Nexx SX10 for when it gets warmer (and to take the kids for a ride), and I don't think I'll risk it either :p. I was just curious...

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
It is meant to lock your helmet when you park, not for riding around with a spare helmet.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's how I understood it. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts