Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all - picking up two twins tomorrow - a cm400 and cx500. Neither have been started in a decade, so lord only knows what I'll find....my plan is to restore the 400 for my wife and build a cafe bike out of the 500. I've had a few honda fours in the past (550k and 750k) so I'm not a complete virgin, but certainly not as knowledgable as some of yall.
I look forward to poking around and posting my progress!

·
Administrator
12,942 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the introduction. You'll find these bikes a little less complex than your 4 cylinders were but they can still be challenging. We don't really have a section here for the CX500, but there are a few members here who own one and they'll be along with info as well.

·
Super Moderator
10,156 Posts
You can post your CX500 questions in the "Non-Parallel Honda Twins" section. Not a lot of activity there but there have been a few around.

Got pictures?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not yet! So heres the story....about the time I was getting into bikes, my father in law got the bug as well. He bought the CM, got it (sorta) running, then decided it was too small (hes a big dude). Bought the CX, rode it a bit. Found an old Gold wing, bought and rode it quite a bit. Found plans for a CX500 trike - actually made pretty good progress on that, then age started catching up with him. Just didnt have the dexterity to mess with things, and didnt really enjoy riding g any more. So things just sat!
Hes finally tired of looming at the motorcycle boneyard in his garage, and told me to show up with a trailer and take whatever I want. I figure I can probably get the gold wing running and flip pretty quick.
Anyhow, rolling out there this morning to load em up. I'll take some pics when I get them home and post this evening.
Have a great weekend kids!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts