Registered
9,797 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hello Alan,
was working on a local farm and mentioned to the farmer I had an interest in old bikes...
was taken to a ricketty shed and there where it had lain since 1985 was a hand painted in black
tatty looking ss125a, amazingly whilst having no compression to speak of the engine turned smooth as glass
said "wouldnt mind that !" he just laughed but a few months later his wife contacted me to see if it was a genuine want.

Rest is history, got bike back to my work new tyres, new chain and sprockets, diesel down the bores overnight, cleaned out the
fuel tap and carburettor, freed off the carb slider, cleaned up the points, put a battery on it bypassed the igntion whilst waiting for the keys to
arrive from a place in southampton and she started about third or fourth kick, now about 400 miles in on little else bar a couple of oil changes
and going very well

just trying to work out best way to put pictures up, usd to use photobucket but there must be easier ways these days ?

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
The upload feature requires that you add to the attachments screen then select the + to add more. It's a but clunky but does work. There is a limit on image size, which I can't recall at the moment. I usually compress mine before adding them as it takes less time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.