Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined....

A neighbour just gave me a CB200T. He'd spotted various bikes in my garage as he passed and he needed to offload it as he is moving out of state. So it's now sitting in my garage - I didn't even have time to check the title for year as I had to get to work.

He says the engine runs fine but tank is corroded badly inside - overall the bike is patina'd but nothing Maas and elbow grease couldn't sort. If the paint is original, it's Tahitian Red. I noticed that the front turn signals are both awry, fork ears look buckled.

The silencers look original and very clean! If so, that would be cool. If and when I get to it (in the middle of a re-model) - I'll see if I can post some pics.

Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hello and welcome! Keep us posted and I used Metal Rescue to clean my tank. Just one of the many ways to clean it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I am indeed using Metal Rescue. The first challenge was the filler cap seal was hard and cracked and leaked like a sieve - so i couldn't invert the tank. But I bought a 2" Oatey test cap from Home Depot which was a snug fit and once tightened down - was completely water-tight. Need to remember that for the next tank derust job.

I also downloaded some manuals - thanks to JL and Longdistancerider for the help there.

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts