Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Frank here from northern Ohio and a new member! Finally joined Honda Twins after perusing it for several years. My current stable holds two Honda Twins, a 1972 CB350K4 and a 2008 CB250 Nighthawk, and a 2010 SYM Symba (aka “Cub”). My earliest experiences riding date back to junior high and high school when two classmates of mine shared a couple of their many bikes with me. First, a Honda CT70 for off-road tiddling and then a 1970s CB200 - my first experience with twins ;) Those days got me hooked. I crashed; got bruised but learned a lot. I’m still in touch with those classmates, one of whom has ridden extensively in the U.S. and Europe. I got back into motorcycling about 10 years ago, as time and funds, became more available. Since then, I’ve been a rider/wrencher, trying to balance career, life, family and other pursuits. I’ve participated in several Mods v Rockers rallies, rode in a couple of DGR events, attended Vintage Motorcycles Days south of here. All great! I‘ve visited the Ace Cafe in London and the Ace in Orlando. I joined their London Club, as well as the nearby historic 59 Club; the AMA and the Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club (VJMC). I‘ve visited the AMA Hall of Fame and had planned to visit Barber last spring but COVID restrictions forced a postponement of that trip, as well as visits to other motorcycle museums across the U.S. Now finally retired, I have a little more time to focus on my humble stable of bikes and, perhaps, share any knowledge I picked up with others. I love all types of bikes, but prefer to saddle small displacement types. I find them light, agile and zippy. I can watch MotoGP and Superbike on TV. Phew! I‘ve typed a lot and thanks for reading. Glad to be here!

·
Registered
1971 SL350 K1
284 Posts
Hi Frank. You look to be well traveled. Mighty typative too. I'm also from Ohio. I've never been to the motorcycle hall of fame. I would like to go sometime. My friends call me a workaholic. I put jigsaw puzzles together whenever I find time. Usually they run when I get them finished. If not I take it apart and then it's a jigsaw puzzle again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Frank. You look to be well traveled. Mighty typative too. I'm also from Ohio. I've never been to the motorcycle hall of fame. I would like to go sometime. My friends call me a workaholic. I put jigsaw puzzles together whenever I find time. Usually they run when I get them finished. If not I take it apart and then it's a jigsaw puzzle again.
Nice to meet you! Yeah, sorry ‘bout the long intro. Need to self-edit more.

·
Registered
1971 SL350 K1
284 Posts
Hi again Frank. Just wondering what you are up to. I've gotten to a dead end with my bike for a while. Waiting for parts. I'll start a new project while I'm waiting. Basket case chainsaw. That should be interesting and keep me busy for a while.

·
Registered
1972 CB175 K6
9 Posts
The museum at Barber is really, really good. If you find yourself in the area with a few hours to kill it is definitely a must see for motorcycle enthusiasts. There are some cars there too, but the bike displays are very well done. I was there 2 years ago first time at Barber, participating in an AHRMA event. A day at "Vintage Days" events (Barber, Mid Ohio, etc) is fun!!

·
Registered
1971 SL350 K1
284 Posts
I hope we get to have events again. .it's good that riding won't be canceled. I would like to see the museum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts