Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have found these threads to be very helpful, but now it’s time for me to actually make this legitimate! My name is Tyler, I am 27 years old and I live in Sacramento California. My “current” bike (I say current because I have 2 but my other one I have down to somewhat of a science) is a 1978 CB400T II. Or Honda hawk 2. I am pretty mechanically inclined and have worked on most classic everything but being only 27 I do get stumped and have questions on a lot of this old school stuff. I have owned a classic restoration shop up here for the past 6 years “I do body and paint” and have been painting since 14, my dad owned a few shops in the day. Anyways, I just wanted to give a proper introduction before I started to bombard the site with PLEASE HELP ME questions. Because I already have some haha. So hello to my new acquaintances!! And thank you for your replies in advance.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Welcome. You likely will find you can answer many of your own questions with a factory service manual. Someone will be along shortly that can hook you up with LDR's library link. I have a couple '78 400's and getting the carbs set is probably the trickiest part of the external workings.
This thread may help you sort your carb issue. Rebuilding VB Carbs

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Welcome Tyler, thanks for the introduction. Good to know a little of your mechanical background, and that you've already found the forum helpful - it's what we do here. Brent is spot on about getting and reading the best manual for your bike, and when you do have questions just post them in the appropriate category with plenty of pictures and you'll get all the responses you'll need. Check your Conversations for the info to access our library.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome. You likely will find you can answer many of your own questions with a factory service manual. Someone will be along shortly that can hook you up with LDR's library link. I have a couple '78 400's and getting the carbs set is probably the trickiest part of the external workings.
This thread may help you sort your carb issue. Rebuilding VB Carbs
Great! That’s awesome, and yes I read that rebuild document about 10 times haha. It did help quite a bit. And yes def need to download the manual, thank you so much.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome Tyler. Now that you are part of this group, maybe you will be able to help some of us with questions about paint, detail and stuff. Good luck on your project.

Jim D.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts