Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I've just purchased a new to me 81 CM400t. The previous owner showed it some love by having the frame powder coated and running through the electronics. He just rebuilt the carbs as well. Its got a MAC 2-into-1 exhaust and "one size up" on the jets.
I'll have to get some pictures on here but I plan to help this thing out some more by removing the dents in the tank and giving it a cafe look. Played out I know but I've wanted one since I've been into bikes.

This is my second, Well technically third bike but I never got to ride the first one more than around the block. I started with an 83 Yamaha Seca 400, It never ran after replacing the starter clutch (maybe timing related), anyhow, I gave up on that and got an 07 Yamaha YZF600R. I've loved that bike since day one with it. That brings me to this newly acquired Honda. This is definitely an addition and not a replacement. Should be a fun little commuter, that is of course until I put the flat seat and low bars. Mostly I wanted a project in my life and cars are a bit out of my price range and storage capabilities. I also wanted a decent reliable and simple base. Hopefully this thing will be good to me and I look forward to some fun times on this forum.

Pictures coming soon.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great to see another 400 series here. Looking forward to pics.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright, so I couldn't wait to start pulling things apart to dig into electronics needed to be legal, which means I would just be sending pictures of a disassembled bike. But, PO left his craigslist ad up so I robbed his pictures. See Below. He also gave me a ton of goodies I haven't been able to go through yet. dash and gauges with cables, original handle bars I think a carb rebuild kit or two, extra jets and many other things. My plan of attack so far is to get a High/Low beam on the bike, turn signals and confirm if the taillights on there now are signals too or not. Guess I'll create a new thread over in the appropriate subforum to track progress.

Onto the good stuff

CL CM400 1.jpg
CL CM400 2.jpg
CL CM400 3.jpg
CL CM400 4.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts