Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Welcome... Let us know if/how we can help.....

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Welcome to the community!

Looks like you're running a pretty popular site as well!

Jason

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Bout time you got here :cool: Welcome!

If it wasnt for Larrys (and a few others) I woulda given up on my XS650 years ago.

Lee

·
Registered
131 Posts
What part of Wyoming are you from? I used to live in Laramie.....very very cold there, but the summer is nice, all 3 days of it. ;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
WELCOME Larry!! :cool:

I sure know where 287 is!! ;) I used to live in Cheyenne,( a looong time ago) and went to school in Laramie (Wyoming Tech. Inst.-Class of '79 (I still cant get used to it being WyoTech now :x ).
I LOVED kicking the old '72 Nova SS into neutral at the Lincoln Monument Summit (Highest spot on US80/30 for those who dont know) and getting up to about 100 before hitting the Laramie turnoff about 9 miles down/away. ;)

Loved the time I lived out there (about 2 years) and would move back in a minute if I could.
You might know a few places I used to frequent, and 4 wheel drive at ,Happy Jack Road, Curt Gowdy SP, Ames Monument, Elk Mountain, Snowy Range, Medicine Bow, etc. even ran down from Laramie to Estes Park several times, and boy did we ever have some parties out at Vedauwoo(sp?) back in the day!! :shock: :eek: :? :D

Even made an Eagles concert down at Red Rocks once! :cool: :cool: Back when i had hair. ;)

And, I even used to work at Little America- Cheyenne for a bit.

PS: Personally I loved the summers out there. Not too hot, low humidity and a nice breeze all the time.AND Id take a WY winter anyday over an IN one. The sun shines at least part of everyday and the looow humidity makes it feel much warmer.Its cold and WET here and Thats cooold!

WELCOME Again!! :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for the Great Welcome:

I have lived in many states and I have to say that here in Wyoming we have a different kind of beauty especially when you are out riding. Our speed limit here is 65mph on all secondary roads and 75 on the interstate. 45 minutes to Laramie and you may not see a single vehicle the whole time. Love it. The kicker is there is only 5,280 miles of paved roads in the state, the rest are gravel or dirt- Lots of dirt roads here. How do I get an avatar approved, I looked and read but still a bit confused. Should I E-Mail it to one of the adman ?l

Thanks Larry Bart

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello Again Gents and Ladies:

Since last talking to you I have aquired a Bright Shinny 1987 Honda 250 Rebel. I did not get it from my friend here in town as I found out from him it has some issues and he did not want to sell it in the condution it's in as he knew I wanted to ride it as soon as I bought it. On Craigslist in Engelwood Colorado, Part of the Denver Area. My youngest son went with me and my wife for a 2hr. ride. $995.00 and a test ride later I am the Happy Owner. Title and Taxes & Plates came to $83.00 more and insurance was added to our Stable of bikes and other Toys.

1. 1982 Yamaha XS650 - Mine - In Upgrade mode
2. 1981 Yamaha XS650 Son's - Running
3. 2008 Harley Road King - 5 SP - Sons- Former Colorado HighWay Patrol Bike
4. 1987 Honda 250 Rebel - Mine
5. 1967 Kal 125cc Restored - Mine
6. 2008 250cc ATV Quad - Mine
7. 1989 EZ GO 2cy.GolfCart - mine
8. 1971 VW 113- 1900 cc Engine
Weather here is and has been cold and Snowing on and off since October 28th. when we picked up the bike and my garage is not heated yet. I have all the things needed but to dam cold to do it. If I get a break in the weather I Will. For the rebel I have gotten a good quality Windshield, a Two Road light bar Stainless, New turn signals to replace the broken Lenses on the rear. Not Original but good looking and sturdy. Also a Manual.I have had the bike out a few times and she hits 80 MPH on the flats with no problem, as a result of the engine working so good I ordered a 35 tooth rear sproket to lower the engie RPM's. This is a three owner bike now and has only 23,232 miles. The bike has spent it's life in the High country and was jetted right out of the box for this altitude. I am really pleased.

Larry Bart

1 - 11 of 11 Posts