Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi y'all, My name is Micah, i live about a half hour west of Atlanta in a smaller town called Winston Ga. I'm excited to finally join this forum (been a long time reader) I think this is a really cool way for people to communicate and work through problems as well as share useful information.

To briefly tell you a bit about me i got into working on older bikes about 5-6 years ago, mostly old Hondas & Triumphs. I'm a younger guy but i was fortunate enough to meet a really good mechanic who had been doing this his whole life, actually worked for Honda and some of the other Japanese dealers back in the day. I worked with him about 2 years before i went on to work for another motorcycle shop a bit north of Atlanta that specialized in older Japanese bikes. I worked at that shop for about 2 years as well and have recently set out to open my own independent shop providing service & repair for older Japanese & British bikes. I'm excited to contribute as well as learn from this forum. I've gotten pretty comfortable working on these older bikes, but i know i could always be better and look forward from learning from everyone here.

If any lives around the Atlanta area let me know! Always looking to hangout and talk bikes

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Welcome Micah, good to have you, and it's also good to see someone younger get involved with vintage bikes. I was fortunate to work around a few good old-school mechanics when I got started working on Hondas, but that was when these bikes were current (like so many guys here). Lots of combined knowledge here to help when you need it. Now... pictures of what you own, or are working on, is a requirement :D

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hey, welcome Micah, from a little more east Georgia.

As mentioned, good to see the younger picking up on these vintage bikes.

Pix are a must. If you ever get to the Augusta area, give me a heads up.

Names Jack

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds great guys! I'll try to get some pics of the bikes i have/am working on posted up later this weekend!

Jack i'll definitely let you know if i ever get over that way. I worked with a guy from Augusta at the last shop i was at. Guys name was Lane, really great tech and an even better guy!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm also a new guy from Georgia... new to the site and new to motorcycles. Makes sense to start with a 46-year-old motorcycle, right ;-)

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'm also a new guy from Georgia... new to the site and new to motorcycles. Makes sense to start with a 46-year-old motorcycle, right ;-)

A little better than starting out on a 20K brand new Harley.

But, served me well, have now 5 vintage hondas and still the harley.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts