Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I would go ahead and register since I will undoubtedly have questions...
I'm from Paducah, Kentucky, family man with a long passion for things with 2 wheels.
I had been looking for a "cafe racer" project for a long time, haven't had a road bike in 25 years, happened upon a 1974 CB350F and bought it. It became quickly obvious that it was not the platform we (my son's and I) wanted to build on, due to my son constantly sending me pics of scramblers instead of cafe racers. So, I bought a semi basket case 1975 CB360, assembled it, got it running after looking at wiring diagrams online and getting missing parts. Not the greatest but good enough to use as a base. So, we then stripped, I have repainted frame and am in assembly stage, that's about it!

I must live in a classic bike desert because I never see any on the road or for sale?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and congrat’s on the 360 project! You and your son are having a great time working it together I’m sure as the second pic is evidence of that.
Hold on to that OEM seat as someone just may need it for their resto.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome aboard......bike looks sweet.

Personally, I would hang onto all original parts just in case. That is, if you're not modifying the frame or such.

What did you do with the 350/4?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks,
I'm not sure of the direction at this point (open frame, modified factory style seat?) but needed to get started so I left a lot of factory tabs even though I'm missing side covers, inner fender, battery stuff.

Just sold the CB350f to someone in Nashville (nobody around here interested as usual) who is going to go full cafe with it, too nice for me to chop, lost money on it but not bad.
CB1.jpg CB2.jpg

·
Registered
581 Posts
I agree with you about Kentucky being a desert for classic bikes. I rarely see any out, and our Craigslist cupboard is usually pretty bare. It seems like all of our bikes migrated to Michigan at some point.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm a Cafe guy myself, but I agree, when they are all original and nice, they should not be modify/chop/Cafe. That's why I bought a basket case!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts