Honda Twins banner

Hello from the East

858 views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Immer54 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I’m new to the forum and looked it up because I’m doing a restomod with a 1981 CB400T. I’m from Utah (USA) currently in Berlin, Germany doing the resto and have yet to navigate all the licensing and course work to get an A2 or even a license plate for that matter. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I’ll be starting a project thread to keep a log of what happens on the Honda build.

Nice to meet you all!

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum. Great to see another 400 series here. Got any pics of it to share?

#7 ·
I like the Freddie Spencer look idea, it was a great time in Honda road racing as so many have been over the years. If that's the case, you need a period-correct jacket to wear when you ride the bike - like this one my Dad left behind in his closet from the '80s. We both had them back in the day, but I can't wear this one now due to increased girth... :eek:

Sports uniform Clothing Sportswear Sleeve Jersey
Clothing Sports uniform Jacket Cobalt blue Outerwear

#9 ·
I like the Freddie Spencer look idea, it was a great time in Honda road racing as so many have been over the years. If that's the case, you need a period-correct jacket to wear when you ride the bike - like this one my Dad left behind in his closet from the '80s. We both had them back in the day, but I can't wear this one now due to increased girth...

View attachment 268466 View attachment 268468
Absolutely. That thing is MINT!

I’m already scoping my next project, and I am thinking an RC30, done up in Freddie Spencer colors when he came back to race for Two Brothers

#14 ·
Honestly Im not sure how I feel about owning a real race bike. They strip them down so hard that it almost isnt even worth it if you want to use them anywhere but on the track. In addition, I have heard that the new bikes (probably not this one) have so much software which is proprietary that you basically cant use them once the team is done with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.