Honda Twins banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’m new to the forum and looked it up because I’m doing a restomod with a 1981 CB400T. I’m from Utah (USA) currently in Berlin, Germany doing the resto and have yet to navigate all the licensing and course work to get an A2 or even a license plate for that matter. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I’ll be starting a project thread to keep a log of what happens on the Honda build.

Nice to meet you all!

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great to see another 400 series here. Got any pics of it to share?

·
Registered
3,178 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Too late, nothing to look forward to - he did the "condensed" version. All the work is done already and he posted it in a handful of posts this morning. Either that, or he works really fast.
I wish it were that close! Ive still got lots to do on the old thing. Ive been reading through the CB400 threads on this site and there is some KILLER info. Just tonight I went through and pulled apart the throttle and starter, cleaned the contacts etc. Still gotta do a whole bunch on er.

To be explicit, Ive had the bike for about a month or so. Maybe 6 weeks. So there has been some progress made in that time haha. Im shooting for a resto-mod look, a Freddie Spencer Throwback paintjob and some race style upgrades (suspension, paint, rubber). cb4001.jpg cb750.jpg

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I like the Freddie Spencer look idea, it was a great time in Honda road racing as so many have been over the years. If that's the case, you need a period-correct jacket to wear when you ride the bike - like this one my Dad left behind in his closet from the '80s. We both had them back in the day, but I can't wear this one now due to increased girth... :eek:

20181110_113629.jpg 20181110_113701.jpg

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the Freddie Spencer look idea, it was a great time in Honda road racing as so many have been over the years. If that's the case, you need a period-correct jacket to wear when you ride the bike - like this one my Dad left behind in his closet from the '80s. We both had them back in the day, but I can't wear this one now due to increased girth...

View attachment 268466 View attachment 268468
Absolutely. That thing is MINT!

I’m already scoping my next project, and I am thinking an RC30, done up in Freddie Spencer colors when he came back to race for Two Brothers

·
Registered
3,178 Posts

·
Registered
13,085 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It looks like back in July 2011 you could have had the real deal cheaper than you could build a replica today.
https://raresportbikesforsale.com/91-two-brothers-ama-rc30-race-bike-seriously/

Honestly Im not sure how I feel about owning a real race bike. They strip them down so hard that it almost isnt even worth it if you want to use them anywhere but on the track. In addition, I have heard that the new bikes (probably not this one) have so much software which is proprietary that you basically cant use them once the team is done with it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ahhh bummer. Im an XL in jackets and t shirts. Its a beauty though!

It's a large, and I forgot to mention it's reversible. It's a genuine Hondaline product in above-average condition, no tears or rips, fully functional, all zippers work fine. Here's one like it on eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Honda-Racing-Team-Jacket-Hondaline-Reversible-Windbreaker-1980s-Japan-X/283237715001?hash=item41f2488c39:g:7T0AAOSwAm9br7i~:sc:USPSPriority!34436!US!-1

View attachment 268478 View attachment 268480

View attachment 268482 View attachment 268484

1 - 15 of 15 Posts