Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Purchased a 72' 350SL almost all original 4.7K miles. This bike is the same one I owned back in 74' and put 15K miles on.

My first question is it best to keep this machine as close to stock as possible?

Thanks for this great forum, I hope to learn much and contribute when I can.

All the best - JoeLong (joe)

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Hi Joe, from a former Tampa resident who moved 50 miles north a few years ago. I had a couple of SL350K1s back when I was in high school, they're great bikes. You don't see SL350s heavily modified all that often, at least not in the west central Florida area, and I'd recommend keeping it stock for value purposes... but that depends on a lot of things, not the least of which is your choice but the condition of the bike as well. But we haven't seen it yet - so that's your first assignment, posting a few pictures of it (regardless of condition, it doesn't matter to us). You'll enjoy it here, it's the nicest and most knowledgeable forum on the internet. And I didn't even have to suggest that you go post an introduction... :D

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'd keep it stock, because of value and because they're good looking bikes to begin with. If you're into customizing though do keep your original parts. Welcome to the board.

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
SL's are the rarest of all the 350 twins.

Well done STOCK Restorations bring high dollar value.

As the last posters said.
Do what you want but KEEP ALL the OEM Parts and if possible don't do anything that can't be put back to staock.
IE: CUTTING & WELDING

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just picked it up today, forgot how much they vibrate.

For your perusal... DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

DSCF0006.JPG
Original pipes

DSCF0005.JPG
Tools intact

Very happy.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Joe, your CL350 looks really nice... but definitely not an SL. Thought for a minute there that you got one of these

sl350k1.jpg

looks great nonetheless, and tools to boot

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
That is clean, I would keep it that way.. if ur looking for something to do "custom" work on... I'm pretty sure there is a TON of started project bikes that have already been torn into and left for dead that can be had for a reasonable price..
.. yeah, she is s keeper and even if your not interested in the dollar value.. the classic lines of these bikes never seem to go out of style!
... as for the vibration .. I see a carb cleaning and balancing on your near future..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Joe, your CL350 looks really nice... but definitely not an SL. Thought for a minute there that you got one of these

looks great nonetheless, and tools to boot
Right, thanks... CL not SL, I ain't been the same since they legalized weed. ;)

There is a bit of rust and pitted chrome but I think that just adds to the charm.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Agreed - the bike looks nicer than most for its age, good for you.

You must have a medical card - recreational isn't legal in Florida yet. Hope it helps what ails you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts