Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 1971 CB450 K4 to replace my KTM 390 DUKE as i am of age that when young was dreaming of 70:s bikes.
The bike is completely original and as i see in very nice condition.
It has been standing on a private collection for 5 years so will do some servicing before start to ride. CB450.jpg

·
Registered
219 Posts
Welcome to the board and very nice 450 there. Great find. Lots of good 450 people on here if you run into any questions or issues. Happy riding....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just bought a 1971 CB450 K4 to replace my KTM 390 DUKE as i am of age that when young was dreaming of 70:s bikes.
The bike is completely original and as i see in very nice condition.
It has been standing on a private collection for 5 years so will do some servicing before start to ride. View attachment 283228
Nice bike! Know the feeling, as a kid in the 60s and teen in the 70s, that 70s look is etched in my brain as "I. Want. That." Now we finally buy them . . .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great looking bike TRS!

I personally think the K4 is a peach. Might be biased though! It looks great in the red!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for a warm welcome. Had the bike at the Swedish MOT yesterday, no problems. Here bikes older than 30 do not have to be MOT:d any more but mine had been off traffic for several years so had to get it done. But now it is done for ever.
Just ordered i new Metzeler front tire, it has a over 20 years old chinese tire that is both rock hard and square.
Will change the rear also to a new but i think the rear rim is not correct, it is the same width as the front and i understand it should be 1/2" wider.
Any hints would be appreciated.
Also if someone who has knowledge where to get service parts (seals, O-rings...) from Sweden or EU?
Find a lot of stuff in US but shipping, customs and taxes make it expensive to take home from there.
///TRS

·
Registered
234 Posts
Find your model: https://www.cmsnl.com/
it's a good site to find out what parts are named and parts number. Then you can search for it on Ebay Germany or UK unless you want to buy it from cmsnl.
Here in Stockholm we have a Honda workshop called Hela Hojen and they can order pretty much all available original parts. I just ask for parts in their chat on FB.
A site in the UK, they also have good aftermarket parts I've heard: https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/CB450K4-SUPER-SPORT-1971-USA/
Orders up to the value of £60.00 - £6.00.
Orders in value of £60.00 and above - £20.00.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts