Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Please allow me to introduce myself and my Honda twin.

I am in my 50's and have been the owner of a 1974 CB500T, which my Dad bought for me in the early 1990's. It was bought from a well-known UK importer of Japanese bikes as a runner. The bike was ridden for a few years until I stripped it to do a minor refurbishment. Well, I got married had four kids and moved the bike parts in boxes to various homes over the last 20 years. About 5 years ago, I eventually got around to finishing the refurb, which turned into a full-restoration. So, here she is at the Edinburgh bike show about 4 years back...

The bike is original except for the brake hoses and the seat-cover, which was reupholstered with brown leather in the same diamond-stitch pattern as the original by John Hunt Upholstery in Cambridgeshire, England. The brown leather is darker than original though, as I liked the darker colour over the original brown-tan vinyl. I've replaced a few parts with NOS parts. Most of the chrome parts were refinished by S&T Electroplate. The forks and engine cases and various sundry parts were polished by myself. I made a replacement wiring loom. Crichton of C&S Motorcycles sorted the frame powder coat and helped with re-assembly. It's been a labour of love, but I'm yet to get her back on the road and enjoy riding the old twin once more.

Regards,
Rab

·
Registered
182 Posts
Edinburgh...….ah yes...…..Auld Reeky !!
My parents are both from Paisley.
Welcome and...……...Very nice bike you have there .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good Lord, I think that's the nicest I've seen.

Didnt know they came stock with road riders... :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for the comment. It sure looks clean now :)

Oh yeah - the Avons are new. Since taking the photo, I've also fitted CB400-4 handlebars too, as I prefer lower bars. This necessitated fitting shorter brake hose. The 400-4 bars are a good option as they have the holes for the switch mountings and cable routing, which is useful.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Edinburgh...….ah yes...…..Auld Reeky !!
My parents are both from Paisley.
Welcome and...……...Very nice bike you have there .
Hi,
I live just to the West of Auld Reeky in West Lothian - it's a short ride to the city centre from here and maybe one hour to Paisley. Thanks for the Welcome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts