Honda Twins banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I just joined the board and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Doug and I live in St. Louis. I am the very proud new owner of a super sweet 1972 CB350 Twin. After an exhaustive search I picked this baby up about a month ago with just over 7k original miles. She runs great and outside of having the original tires on it (first thing I attended to), she hasn't needed too much work. I just picked up the gaskets needed to rebuild the petcock and I need to put some new fork seals on it. Really just a little TLC. I was looking for an old CB with the intention of going the cafe route but now that I found this in such great shape I really enjoy the stock look and feel of this bike. Also, being a short guy at only 5'5" this bike fits me like a glove. I do intend on putting a new cafe style seat cover and foam on a extra seat pan I am picking up and storing the original seat as it is in great shape. I have decided that I am not doing anything to this bike that I cannot easily change back to stock, maybe new bars in addition to the new seat but that will probably be it. Anyhow if you're in St. Louis and you want to ride hit me up! I look forward to sharing info with everyone.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Nice. Mine had clubman bars on it and I was not crazy about them. I put the stock back on. I like the positioning. I do however like the seat treatment the previous owner did. They used the original seat pan and the foam. They just added some foam to make the bump in the back.

Welcome aboard. Great info here and good people. Always looking to help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice looking CB! Doesn't look like you have much to do but ride!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Great looking bike! Looks like it's in great shape!

I'm the opposite - 6' tall and looking to go cafe with my CL350. Considering either the Euro bars or M bars for mine. I need to post in the "parts wanted" section to see if anyone knows where I can find the Euro bars with the holes already cut out. I don't mind the height of the handlebars that are on the bike but they're really wide. I'm also thinking I'll change out seats and go with a more cafe-style seat. Haven't decided on any of that yet.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Welcome from the other side of the pond Doug. Wish my 350 looked half as good, nice.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome all!

ScubaMare, I am thinking about trying to find some handlebars from a 75 or 76 400F Super Sport. A buddy of mine has this bike and the bars would fit perfect on either of our bikes. They are little lower and a little less wide than ours, and the bonus is they also have the same internal wiring as our bars so the holes are already cut. It will not be fun trying to fish those almost 40yo wires through them but I think it'll be worth it. Might be a good solution for you too?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome to the site. That bike looks just about pristine.

I searched for pre-drilled bars, but was unable to find what I was looking for. I did see a pair that were close, but not close enough (for me). Not trying to say it can't be done, but you'll need your patience. There is a fantastic write-up here on how to drill them. I'm going to have to utilize my father in-law's drill press, but I'm going to try it in the next few weeks.

The idea of using some out of another bike that has a style similar to what you're looking for seems a good way to go too. I wish you both luck. Please post pics of the results!

Edit: Those bars are available from bikebandit.com. They look pretty good. Tempting indeed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good luck Indie. You said the 400F bars are available on bikebandit.com? I wasn't able to locate them, do you have a link by chance?

·
Registered
272 Posts
You'll have to click "Control & Brake" then click the Handlebar fiche.

Number 11

·
Registered
17 Posts
Beautiful CB350! It looks like it was extremely well cared for, a rare find. I too wanted to change a few things while not deviating from the stock look too much. At least be able to return it back with little rework.

I went with some Superbike bars with a 2.5" rise and 4.75" setback. I drilled the holes to keep the wire internal. With the lower rise, pulling the wire harnesses through is no problem. As you said, well worth it to keep those wires neat and hidden.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts