Honda Twins banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am rebuilding my own K0 Bomber which I have owned since I was 18 (now 56). Its a long project as there are far less parts to be found in the UK than the ,but we are getting there. Thanks to help from others Chris Saxby being a good source of information for this project.
Nigel Harris

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
nigelrharris03 said:
I am rebuilding my own K0 Bomber which I have owned since I was 18 (now 56). Its a long project as there are far less parts to be found in the UK than the ,but we are getting there. Thanks to help from others Chris Saxby being a good source of information for this project.
Nigel Harris
Don't know about that - Bomber parts are hard to come by here too.

Welcome......

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Welcome aboard Nigel. We're always glad to have another 450 owner around! Post up some pictures for us if you ever find the time.. Pretty please?? ;) :D

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At long Last I got it MOT testes and street legal. Still some little bits to do like teh fork seal that I just discovered needs replacing.

Pics attached hope you like them.
Still waiting for the 3mm JIS screws for the badges, they are on order.
Oh yes just in case you guys recognise it I play hockey (well to be truthfull coach mainly now as 57 is a bit old for the game)

Nige

[attachment=3:2mpurblh]100_1323.jpg[/attachment:2mpurblh]
[attachment=2:2mpurblh]100_1322.jpg[/attachment:2mpurblh]
[attachment=1:2mpurblh]100_1324.jpg[/attachment:2mpurblh]
[attachment=0:2mpurblh]100_1325.jpg[/attachment:2mpurblh]

Attachments

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Looks great, but if pipe discoloration is recent, you are running WAY too lean.....or spark is seriously retarded (check advance mechanism)........

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Yes well noticed. I couldn't afford the new pipes. This was caused by a fuel air mix exploding in the gap between the inner and outer skin which then blocked the header nicely, which subsequently glowed cherry red to yellow until I realised what the problem was. It took ages to remove the blockage. Fortunately its not over heating now. If anything ts a little rich in the left pot. I am going to get the air filter remade in the hope that that will sort that out. The right is good with B7ES plugs fitted to both pots. #125 mainjets and #28 slow jet
Nige

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Welcome Nige from a further UK member.
Wish my 450K6 was as good as that.
Your right, spares are nearly impossible over here.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Many Thanks for you comments they are very much appreciated
Hej Sha Ronnie.

Still a few things to sort out as said but she is rideable now and your right about twins.

I do have a nice CB650Z too will post a pic of them both together when I finish her off.

Nigel

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome to the site. It looks like you have a couple of very nice bikes there.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi again
What is about BB's? They seem to attract the nicest people. A while ago I met Chris Saxby who is a great guy and offered a lot of advice and help. Then today I went to Dorset to meet Ray Hull with my Bomber to look at his and have a chat. I couldn't have wished to meet a nicer chap and his wife. It just goes to show what a great bike and what great people this club has as members. We are very privilaged.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It just goes to show you... you meet the nicest people on a Honda! :)

Beautiful bikes you have there Nige, and welcome!

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Hi Nigel,She's looking good especially in later pic with correct horn and tank badges fitted.Well done.Regards Chris.
P.S.What do you want me to put on cheque?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts