Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, I just picked up a CB350 built by a previous forum member here. Been tinkering with it for the past month now. Been a lot of fun, but sometimes I felt like I been bamboozled and overpaid, but this is my intro into vintage bikes (vintage anything really) so it's alright. Been working out small things while there's still couple months of riding season here before opening things up and replacing gaskets. Will link to a project thread later, but was wondering if there's anyone here around Fremont, CA with a well sorted CB350 that I can check out for the price of coffee. My bike has a nice even ticking sound which seems a bit loud to me, but seems normal from all the youtube video's I've seen. However, its hard to compare to a video taken by a cellphone and say it's all good.

Project thread
https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/1-project-logs/119458-cb350-project-cafeish.html

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm near Fremont but unfortunately I don't have a CB350. Welcome aboard though!

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcomes. Just looked through that list and probably have 1/3 done. Slowly getting to the others. I have maybe 4-5 weekends left before parking it for winter. And thx for the heads up on Alice. I don’t pass there often and don’t trust the wheels/tires on the CB350 to go down a mountain atm haha. Next summer will be a fun one once this thing is all sorted over the winter. These little vintage things feel like a completely different machine than the modern bikes.

·
Registered
460 Posts
What's this winter you speak of? I rode through out Dec-Mar this past year (a broken leg kept me off the bike in Oct and Nov unfortunately). I will admit to some frosty mornings though, I think 36 above was the coldest. If you have the right gear it's mostly tolerable.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Riding season? I thought that was all you folks had down there!

Welcome to the group.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha I’ll probably be riding my r3 still but I doubt I’ll take the CB350 out much. Still getting use to drum brakes. These tires are 5-6 years old too

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
The SF Bay Area doesn't really have a riding season since it's almost year round riding weather. I miss that but I'll stick to where I'm at to avoid the traffic there, worse than LA now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts